I found this four-leaf clover today.
I admit that it looks as though it has seen better days,
but it has already brought me
some good luck...
...for on today's walk I spotted these little dots
and managed to snatch
a photograph
just before their mama hid them in the bank
of the Great Eau.
The weather is cold, damp and gloomy
but the hedgerows are
filled with the golden buttercups
and red campion.
I found this fairy door...
... and my good fortune continued,
for I found these two families
on the fish pond.
Moments later a large and beautiful Barn Owl flew out of the trees,
a mere fifteen feet away from me,
she had a young rat in her mouth.
It was an incredible sight - no time to get a photograph, alas.
![]() |
| Image by dries gaerdelen |
Home Sweet Home!
However, Mother Nature hadn't finished with me yet...
for as Toby and I made our way through the garden
to the Boot Room
I was treated to the sight of a large and very beautiful fox...
...I had a moment of sheer delight at the beauty of him/her
then my thoughts were for our hens
who free-range in the woodland.
![]() |
| image by irishfieldsports |
Mr/Mrs Fox had run off through the wheat field by this time.
I think I got home just in time to deny him his breakfast.
It may take more than a four-leaf clover to keep our girls safe.





0 Yorumlar