Yep, all that in just ten verses.
Here's a summary.
If you believe and do good works, you will have pure companions in heaven.
And give glad tidings (O Muhammad) unto those who believe and do good works ... for them are pure companions. 2:25
Allah created seven heavens. (I think there was a TV show about that.)
He it is Who created for you all that is in the earth. Then turned He to the heaven, and fashioned it as seven heavens. And He is knower of all things. 2:29
Allah will shed human blood while angels praise him in heaven. (The angels question why Allah has to kill people; Allah says they'd understand if they knew everything like he does.)
And when thy Lord said unto the angels: Lo! I am about to place a viceroy in the earth, they said: Wilt thou place therein one who will do harm therein and will shed blood, while we, we hymn Thy praise and sanctify Thee ? He said: Surely I know that which ye know not. 2:30
Allah taught Adam all the names (of the animals, I guess).
And He taught Adam all the names. 2:31a
Then Allah showed all the animals to the angels, challenging them to guess their names (if they are truthful).
Then [he] showed them to the angels, saying: Inform Me of the names of these, if ye are truthful. 2:31b
But the angels weren't truthful enough to guess correctly.
They said: Be glorified! We have no knowledge saving that which Thou hast taught us. Lo! 2:32
Then Allah tells Adam to tell the angels the animals' names. So Adam tells them and says, "I know something you guys don't! Neener-Neener-Neener!"
He said: O Adam! Inform them of their names, and when he had informed them of their names, He said: Did I not tell you that I know the secret of the heavens and the earth? And I know that which ye disclose and which ye hide. 2:33
Finally, just to rub it in, Allah tells the angels to worship Adam. And they all did except for Iblis, who became the first disbeliever.
And when We said unto the angels: Prostrate yourselves before Adam, they fell prostrate, all save Iblis. He demurred through pride, and so became a disbeliever. 2:34
And the only reasonable person (so far, anyway) in the Quran.
- Bogging the Quran
- Surah 2: 35-74 -- Allah turns Jews into apes and solves a murder mystery with a dead yellow cow

0 Yorumlar