Sorry I am running late this morning. It is a gloomy day, I am in a mood, and I had to take my car in for brake work (long story). UGH. But, here I am!!
I am going to show you a quote that I LOVE and that I LIVE by. It is a favorite.
WHAT I REALLY BELIEVE
Living on less is a good thing to do. It's the only financial advice that will work for almost everyone. It's about a quality of life you cannot buy, a sense of satisfaction you cannot fake, and an appreciation for others that gives life value. It's also about helping save the planet and sharing with those in need. Living on less can be funny, but it is NOT a joke.
Jeff Yeager - The Ultimate Cheapskate
Please read that a couple times. Read it carefully. It is just so true in every word.
Living a good life really hasn't got a lot to do with money. YES, if you do not have proper housing, nourishment, and clothing - money can elevate your position and help. It can get you a better more secure life. Extreme poverty is a horrid thing.
But, for the average person - money is a means to an end. It pays bills, it provides lodging, it provides food and clothing- it gives us the basics. In REALITY that is all we really need.
OK, it is nice to have fancy things, take vacations, play, give our kids what we didn't have - but those aren't necessary to living your best life and they probably won't make you any happier or satisfied as you are coming to the end of life. We all leave this planet. You can't take it with you (though some would love to try to).
Having a comfortable and decent life is about so much MORE than money.
* Making memories with one another. * Loving unconditionally. * Being a good friend or neighbor. * Helping those in need. * Being kind. * Learning new ways and ideas. * Using what you have and doing well with that. * Just being a good person to yourself, others, and the earth.
A dollar saved (by not frivolously spending) is a dollar that you don't have to earn! You can save any amount of money if you set your mind to it, but you only get so much time on this earth to earn and save and experience. There aren't any do-overs with that! Time has a limit!!
I would rather spend my days, however many I have, experiencing life and people and things, than on working for hours on end to have a few more dollars.
I realize that we all have to work to get by. That is a given. But how we get by - is what we can change. Making the most, spending the most, and having the most - sure as heck won't make you any happier! Holding your loved one, hearing a child laugh, watching the beauty and complexity of nature, and living in the here and now WILL.
ABSOLUTELY TRUE IN EVERY WORD!!!!!!!!! This is how we need to live our lives. I know I am probably preaching to the choir - as you all seem to get it. There may be someone who hasn't seen the light or is just coming aboard the frugal train that needs to know - THIS IS LIFE AT IT'S BEST.
Don't make things more complicated than they need to be.
Frugal living can be wonderful. Remembering that "less is more" is the key.
Have a happy day everyone!

0 Yorumlar