Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

All about Rejoicing


On Tuesdays, I like to follow Annie @Tuesday 4. She poses a 4 questions and it almost always provides some time for reflection. While Son and DIL were here I was hit or miss joining in, but they are gone and now hopefully I can continue answering the questions.


1. What makes you rejoice the most? It depends on the day. Some days a beautiful sunset fills me with awe, or a FaceTime visit with my granddaughter always thrills me. Occasionally reading a perfect sentence in a book does it,  hearing some symphonic piece that features French horns (love low brass), smelling fresh coffee, or tasting some perfectly made creamy concoction. Sometimes it is just seeing a great smile. (Which is happening less and less now because you can't see smiles through masks!)

2. What song makes you feel joyful or happy? I have a Spotify playlist I like to listen to in the mornings, but I have not since our Son and DIL came to visit. Now I am reminded to start listening to it again. This is not the entire playlist but even if I don't have time to listen to the entire things I do like to hear these songs.
He's Got The Whole World in His Hands___Nina Simone
The Lord's Prayer___Duke Ellington
What a Wonderful World___Louis Armstrong
On the Sunny Side of the Street__Willie Nelson
I Can't Say No____Ali Stroker
Accentuate the Positive___Dr. John
A Summer Song___Chad and Jeremy
September__Earth, Wind and Fire
The 23rd Psalm__Bobby McFerrin
Always Look on the Bright Side of Life__Michael McGrath and Tim Curry
Oh What a Beautiful Morning___TheSign Posters

3. Do sounds of nature give you a joyous feeling? We have a lot of songbirds here and I love hearing them. Some days when I get out of my car I look to the tree tops to try and find some of the most beautiful "singers". I also love the sound of moving water and distant thunderstorms.

4. How about holidays? Do you really rejoice or just kind of show up? It depends on the holiday. I am not a big Thanksgiving person, so I do just show up. I love Christmas and love everything about it. 4th of July? It is fine but does not make me joyful. I love the liturgy and formality of Easter services, but can do without  Easter lunch festivities. I had rather have a ham sandwich and laughs with the family than a big meal.

Hop
over and join the fun!

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar